Connected Growth: A manual for places working to boost their digital, cultural and social connectivity
This manual by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) illustrates how local industrial strategies can solve challenges, help drive growth and enrich lives across the UK in an inclusive manner.
This manual by The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) illustrates how Local Industrial Strategies can solve challenges, help drive growth and enrich lives in the UK in an inclusive manner. The aim is to ensure that new strategies’ evidence base, objectives, activities, and monitoring are based on best practice case studies from across the UK.
Part 1 of the manual focuses on how to build a Local Industrial Strategy. There are a set of components they consider important when developing a Local Industrial Strategy (p. 8):
- Set out a robust and open evidence base.
- Map out specific opportunities and challenges.
- Work in partnership with public and private stakeholders to achieve ambitions.
- Prioritise specific, achievable and long-term ambitions.
- Set out clear plans to evaluate progress.
Part 2 of the manual focuses on sector specific guidance. It provides information on Arts and Culture, Civil Society, Creative Industries, Cyber Skills, Digital Industries, Digital Infrastructure, Digital Skills, Heritage, Sport and Tourism. Each section includes sector-based information on how to develop a Local Industrial Strategy and comprises of:
- How to develop a baseline of local data.
- How to agree objectives that sets out the priorities for the area.
- How to proceed with a way of monitoring the progress to ensure the strategy is working.
Each section also includes a set of case studies that contain strategies that could potentially be adopted. Also useful is the set of appendices containing useful information about evidence and resources, as well as key contacts for each sector.