High Streets Podcast Ep.3: Markets
On June 1st 2020, outdoor markets in England were permitted to re-open. In this episode, Gareth Roberts discusses this re-opening with three guests from the industry.
In each High Streets Task Force podcast episode, we hear from different guests who will relate their place-related experience and perspectives to the COVID-19 Recovery Framework, with the aim of giving listeners insight and ideas to take into their own places and work.
On June 1st 2020, outdoor markets in England were permitted to re-open. In this episode, Gareth Roberts discusses this re-opening with three guests from the industry:
Joe Barratt, HSTF board member and founder of the Teenage Market, and Stockport Foodie Fridays;
David Preston, Chief Executive of NABMA, who have developed and compiled extensive guidance for market operators; and
Joe Harrison, Chief Executive of NMTF, who have produced guidance and materials to assist market traders.
The episode covers:
- The value of markets to places
- How markets have coped with, and adapted to, the lockdown closure period
- How the first few days of re-opening have gone
- The guidance and resources available to both operators and market traders
- Future challenges for markets, and how they can adapt to these.